Go visit El Carmen neighborhood
It is located in the old town; its everlasting and narrow streets are proof of that.
In this peculiar neighborhood you find a great contrast, on the one hand urban art is very present with authentic pieces of art at street level, on the other hand it is the place of the most diverse restaurants and the most famous pubs. In the carmen there is everything: history, culture, gastronomy and party. Are you going to miss it?
- El Carmen, Valencia
- Bus line 4
City of Arts and Science
The name for it refers to a group of futuristic buildings designed by local architects, namely Santiago Calatrava and Felix Candela, it was thought to be a great set of museums.
The City of Arts contains 6 distinct zones or buildings:
1. The first one built, L’Hemisferic, was designed to look like a giant human eye. It offers, among other things, to 3D panoramic cinema in which you can enjoy both documentaries and films.
2. The Principe Felipe Science Museum. It has a program of changing exhibits at various times of the year where you can experiment science by touching yourself.
3. The other part of the complex houses L’Umbracle, which is completely free and is a landscaped walk of plants native to the area and various artistic and thought-provoking sculptures.
4. L’Oceanogràfic, which is a small version of Sea World. In there you can find a dolphin display and the largest glass water tunnel in Europe to walk through, directly underneath the massive fish tank, with sharks swimming a few meters from your face, among other spectacular things.
5. The Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía is the next part, which is an impressive looking opera house and theater.
6. he last and newest bit is L’Àgora, which is a covered exhibition space and sports sand with the shape of an ellipse. The City of Arts and Sciences is, with its stunning architecture, actually a great sporting venue, and Valencia hosts spectacular sport events every year.
If all this has not caught your attention, the aesthetics of the buildings is unique and an almost mandatory stop if you visit the city.
- € – €€ (depending on what you want to see)
- Av. del Professor López Piñero, 7, 46013 Valencia
- 20 minutes walking
Torres de Serrano
It´s one of the twelve gates that formed part of the ancient city wall, the Christian Wall (Muralla cristiana), of the city of Valencia, Spain. It was built in Valencian Gothic style at the end of the 14th century. Today there are only two of those twelve gates: the Torres de Serrano and the Torres de Quart.
- PL DE LOS FUEROS, S/N
- Bus line 94
Rent a bike
Rent a bike to visit a city is always a good idea because it allows you to enjoy it at your own pace and feel like a local. In Valencia there are different options, for example Valenbisi is a bike rental where you don’t have to carry the bike all day, but you can pick it up or leave it at different stops throughout the city. The weekly pass costs €13 and is perfect for tourists, but there are many other options.
- € – €€
If you are looking for a vegan option, you can’t miss Khambú food. Here you can find the most delicious vegan hamburgers ever, you won’t believe they are made with vegetable products! And If you miss sweet options, here you can find a wide variety of pies and cakes handmade and with a delicious flavor.
- Av. de Blasco Ibáñez, 111, 46022 Valencia
- Bus lines 89 or 30
La Más Bonita
La Mas Bonita is a Mediterranean food restaurant that has become a fashionable place that in just over two years appeared on all the lists of restaurants to visit in Valencia. The main headquarters are on Patacona’s beach, but they opened another store in the Ruzafa neighborhood, much more central.
As it is one of the fashionable places, it is necessary to book in advance.
- Carrer de Cadis, 61, 46006 Valencia
- Bus line 90
Bars & Dancefloors
Mya y l’Umbracle
Mya is a modern designed disco located near the river and the science museum. It´s decoration combines colour graffitis, terraces and good music. With for different spaces you can find a bunch of different music styles in the same place.
If you want to dance and have a good time this is your place. Do you want to enjoy a party night on a garden with a group of friends? Then l’Umbracle is your place to spend the night, amazing sights and good ambient is what you’ll find.
- € – 15€ entrance with one drink
- Mya Club, Av Autopista Saler, 5, 46013 València
- Bus line 40, 19 or 94
The Marina Beach Club complex rises with different spaces connected with each other, with which it aims to respond to new social trends and make the most of leisure time. Restaurants, pool, club, dj’s programming… all next to the beach.
- €€ – €€€
- Carrer Marina Real Juan Carlos I, s/n, 46011 Valencia
- Bus line 92
Akuarela Beach Club
Ibicencan beauty club commercial music located on the beach and has a VIP terrace. With different environments in Akuarela you can enjoy from R & B and Latin music to electronic and commercial.
- Carrer d’Eugènia Viñes, 152, 46011 Valencia
- Bus line 92 or subway lines 7 and 5 connection with 6
Music, themed parties and drinks until dawn in a modern disco with a young atmosphere and a VIP area. If you want to live a night of partying and good music, then you have to know the Le Premier nightclub, a hall in Valencia where you can listen to very varied music of musical styles.
- Le Premier, Carrer d’Eduard Boscà, 27, 46023 Valencia
- 5 minutes walking